LED Lighting- Energy EfficiencyMay 17th, 2017
Whilst there are a number of factors for choosing LED Lighting energy efficiency is a large contributor.
Good quality LED lighting can provide excellent illumination whilst being energy efficient.
Things to know about LEDs:
- LEDs are 4 to 7 times more efficient than the typical incandescent or halogen equivalent.
- LEDs have a lifetime of 15,000 to 50,000 hours (Green Illuminations LEDs have a lifespan of 30,000 to 50,000 hours).
- LEDs last five to ten times longer than a halogen bulb.
- Whilst LEDs can be more expansive to buy they are substantially cheaper overall when considering lifetime energy use costs
Be aware that choosing a high quality LED fitting will have long term benefits but it is important to be careful of “low quality” LED fittings as they can have lower output, flicker issues or fail prematurely. Check out this great guide to “Buying quality LEDs” issued by the Energy Rating Government website for things to look for when buying LEDs.
Green Illuminations products are:
- High Quality
- Have lifetime of 30,000 to 50,000 hours and replacement warranty’s to back this up
- High lumen performance
- Meet Australian Safety Standards
- High CRI (Colour rendering index)
- And are an affordable alternative to Incandescent or Halogen light fittings
Contact us on (07) 3299 2496 to discuss our products further or view our products here.